[erlang-questions] Erlang in education --- back from the dead

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner@REDACTED
Sat Mar 19 06:28:25 CET 2016

Some years back, I mentioned that Erlang seemed a lot closer to what Alan
Kay originally meant by "object oriented" (which at the time did not
include inheritance) than most O-O languages since. He has long been
occupied with the issues of education through writing software, even in the
early grades. His foundation's software work seems a bit moribund (I guess
Open Cobalt is what it has come down to, not a wildly active project) but
what they've done over the years might provide some ideas.

Regards,
Michael Turner
Executive Director
Project Persephone
K-1 bldg 3F
7-2-6 Nishishinjuku
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023
Tel: +81 (3) 6890-1140
Fax: +81 (3) 6890-1158
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
turner@REDACTED
http://www.projectpersephone.org/

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward
together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry