[erlang-questions] ML shaped language for the Erlang VM

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Wed Jun 29 16:35:44 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Joshua Barney <joshmbarney@REDACTED> wrote:
> Yeah I can see that being a concern, but I think "bee-mul" or "beem-el" with two syllables is clearly different from beam.
>
> Do you have a preferred pronunciation of MLFE?

The market will determine this one - and I'm _pretty_ sure how that's
going to play out.

I'm with Tristan on BML (bee em el). There no current command or
package that collides. It's accurate, descriptive and sounds cool -
esp if you're a BMX/motorcross fan.

BeaML is cool on paper, but IMO sounds lamo - bee-mul. Rhymes with weevil.