[erlang-questions] inet:getifaddrs/0 and windows

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Wed Feb 24 19:06:28 CET 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 2:16 AM Michael Santos <michael.santos@REDACTED>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 12:35:21AM +0000, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 9:34 PM Kenneth Lakin <kennethlakin@REDACTED>
> > wrote:

> how to
> how
> > >
> > > On my machine, the GUID part of the ifname (which is formatted as
> > > \\DEvICE\TCPIP_$GUID on my Windows 7 system) corresponds to the
> > > interface with the that GUID in the "SettingID" property of the "wmic
> > > nicconfig show" spew.
> > >
> > > I've never used wmic before, so I don't know how to get the nicconfig
> > > subcommand to only emit the information for a single interface, but
> > > maybe you do?
> > >

> > Thanks for the hint about SettingId, it helped a lot :)
> >
> > Here is the final result getting the default route for an interface:
> > https://github.com/benoitc/inet_ext/blob/master/src/inet_ext.erl#L49-L56
> >
> > the code could probably be improved, but it works enough for now :)
>
> inet_ext:gateway_for("foo ; touch /tmp/flag; echo").
>
> :) On linux, the default gateway can be read from /proc/net/route. The
> flags are defined in /usr/include/linux/route.h. So a value of 3 for
> flags means RTF_UP|RTF_GATEWAY.

oups :) i tagged the 0.4 that is no exposing this API anymore. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip anyway I should have a look. For now the lib does the
job but the final goal would be having some portable C code to skip the
need to call and parse the results from a script.  Hopefully that won't be
that hard :)

- benoi