[erlang-questions] Why we need a -module() attribute?

ok@REDACTED ok@REDACTED
Fri Feb 19 10:20:11 CET 2016

> Greetings,
>
> Given the problem with case-sensitive file systems, and identifiers in
> code, why not ignore case?

Sadly, it's not that simple.  Consider

a. i
b. İ
c. ı
d. I

Which of these count as equivalent-except-for-case depends on
the natural language they are written in.

It's not as if case-insensitivity were all that natural for
natural languages either.  "THE" is now "TUE" but "the" has not changed.
A UN-man is not an un-man.  LAX is not particularly lax.
And to get away from initials,
  Q: What's that band?