[erlang-questions] overriding code in another application

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Fri Feb 12 15:19:20 CET 2016

Hi!

I need to be able to distribute a version of the debugger in a way that
works with R15+, and this is how I made it work: have a general my_debugger
application that contains common code and dummy modules that are
implemented in separate applications (my_debugger_15 to my_debugger_18),
each compiled with the respective compiler.

My idea is that I start 'my_debugger' and dynamically the right
'my_debugger_X' and the dummy modules will get reloaded from the _X
application.

So far it seems to work, but I wonder if there may be some details that I
don't see and that would make this a no-go. I won't use releases, but the
applications might get stopped. Has anyone ever tried or thought about this?

best regards,
Vlad