[erlang-questions] count_characters example from Programming Erlang

Mark Bucciarelli mkbucc@REDACTED
Mon Feb 8 14:13:05 CET 2016

On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 12:11:43AM +0100, Kostis Sagonas wrote:

> Erlang installed with homebrew:
> --with-native-libs
> 	Enable native library compilation
> --without-hipe
> 	Disable building hipe; fails on various OS X systems
>
> This combination of options does not make sense.  You need the HiPE compiler
> enabled in order to build the libraries in native code.

This is the default configuration that comes with the homebrew recipe.  If you
haven't used homebrew on Mac, I installed Erlang by typing:

$ brew install erlang

> If you have experienced/noticed any problem building HiPE on your system then
> perhaps you should report it.

I'll try to contact the homebrew recipe maintainer and see what's up with that.

Thanks,

Mark