[erlang-questions] How can I break this string into a list of strings?

Kenneth Lakin kennethlakin@REDACTED
Sat Dec 24 23:42:58 CET 2016

On 12/24/2016 01:34 PM, lloyd@REDACTED wrote:
> I don't want those pesky escaped quotes at the end of the heads. I want the real deal.

Does it help you to know that those double-quotes aren't _actually_
escaped and that the backslashes are added by the pretty-print code?
Continuing on with your example:

2> B=re:replace(Copy, [$>,$\n], [$>,$",$,,$"], [global, {return, list}]).
%re:replace output elided
3> lists:nth(16, B).
34
4> lists:nth(15, B).
62

ASCII 34 is '"'. ASCII 62 is '>'. There's no "\" in the output, which
would be ASCII 92:

5> lists:foldl(fun(92, Acc) -> Acc ++ [92]; (_, Acc) -> Acc end, [], B).
[]

The pretty-printer is a nice feature (AFAICT, anything the
pretty-printer prints is valid Erlang), but I suspect that being
startled by its escaping is a rite of passage.