[erlang-questions] Remove behaviour checking from erl_lint (continued)

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Thu Dec 22 02:07:59 CET 2016

On 22/12/16 2:02 PM, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
> I find that the majority of my type errors are internal.

There's a theory about why this is so:
  + when I call a library function, I look it up.
  - when I call module-internal functions, there
    might not be anything to look up yet.  In fact
    I might be writing the code *in order to find
    out* what the interface should be.

  + library interfaces are stable.
  - whenever I refactor module-internal code,
    there's a risk of an incomplete edit, so that
    code that *was* correct isn't any more.