[erlang-questions] Fast directory walker

Fred Youhanaie fly@REDACTED
Sat Dec 10 14:13:16 CET 2016

I just had a look at the GNU find source, it uses fts, man fts(3). I didn't bother digging deeper into glibc to see how fts is handling the inodes.

Frank's earlier non-Erlang examples seem to be using dedicated file hierarchy walker modules, perhaps those are using the fts, or similar, C functions. In which case they are being compared with the
pure erlang implementation of the tree walker.

Staying with pure erlang version, a concurrent/multi-process tree walker could be an interesting project in itself :)

Cheers,
f.