[erlang-questions] SSL server session cache table issues:

Kenneth Lakin kennethlakin@REDACTED
Thu Dec 8 14:39:10 CET 2016

On 12/08/2016 02:09 AM, Ingela Andin wrote:
> I am just saying there is a reason for the [documentation] structure
> and knowing about it makes it easier to find things.

No doubt! In a follow-up email I mentioned that I'd found the ssl_app
documentation, which contained the documentation that I thought didn't
exist. I remain sheepish.

> TLS sessions are not connection specific, so the assumption is that a later
> connection may want to reuse the session, and that by default you want to
> reuse a sessions if possible.

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

> The max session is not a hard limit, when max is reached
> a process of removing all previous sessions is started.
> It might be a problem if you have a constant high load.

Actually, the ever-growing session cache table problem seems to be
caused by starting my application with the rebar3 shell. When I invoke
erl directly, the session cache table is regularly purged of old data.

I'll do some more digging and then maybe report a bug with the rebar3
people. Sorry for the noise!