[erlang-questions] Erlang Eddie -- son of?
Wed Aug 24 15:16:24 CEST 2016
On 22. August 2016, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
> > I just ran across The Eddie Mission. It promises much of great potential value but appears to be dead as a dodo.
> According to https://sourceforge.net/projects/eddie/,
> the last update was in March 2013.
> That's not "undergoing rapid development", but it's not
> quite "dead as a dodo" either.
The Wikipedia page about Elvis Presley says it was last updated a week ago,
so if that's good enough to claim "not dead", then, well, you're not alone.
All the evidence points to Eddie being dead:
- The most recent release of eddie on sourceforge is from 15 years ago
- The bug tracker has two bugs in total. Neither of which are recent.
- The patch tracker has two trivial patches in total. From 2007.
- Nothing's been committed to CVS for more than a decade.
- One of the most recent CVS commit logs talks about Erlang R9B-1.
More information about the erlang-questions