[erlang-questions] Erlang Eddie -- son of?

lloyd@REDACTED lloyd@REDACTED
Mon Aug 22 23:03:24 CEST 2016

Hi Ola,

Thanks for the clue!

Given my quick dive into the web, BlueTail has an interesting history. No doubt there is an even more fascinating story behind the web posts:

Ericcson  -- 1999 A group from the CS-lab then started Bluetail Ab with Jane as CEO, and sold it 18 months later for 150MUSD ->

(Last Sourceforge modification of Eddie: December 15, 2000 under  Erlang Public License -- EPL))

(May 28, 2000) BlueTail Ab sold to Alteon WebSystems Inc. for About $152 Million ->

(October 4, 2000) Alteon Websystems sold to Nortel Networks for $7.8 billion in stock->

(February 22, 2009) Nortel Networks sold the Alteon application switching line to Radware
 $17.7 million

Making Money from Erlang
http://armstrongonsoftware.blogspot.com/2006/08/making-money-from-erlang.html

Joe Armstrong
http://ndcoslo.com/speaker/joe-armstrong/

The Strange Story of Erlang's Success
http://community.embarcadero.com/blogs/entry/the-strange-story-of-erlangs-success-37887

So, now, I wonder what happened to Eddie in all this. It was released under an Open Source license which suggests that it can be forked and dusted off. Please excuse my naivete, but this seems like a great software contribution that deserves loving care.

All the best,

LRP