[erlang-questions] Should we deprecate or modernize log_mf_h and rb?

Mark Allen mrallen1@REDACTED
Sat Apr 2 00:58:41 CEST 2016

I support deprecation, for what its worth.

    On Friday, April 1, 2016 5:44 AM, Siri Hansen <erlangsiri@REDACTED> wrote:

 Hello list!
log_mf_h is an error_logger event handler which logs events to disk and does log rotation. rb (report browser) is the tool for reading and formatting the logs. The implementation of both modules is quite old and outdated. The fact that there is a size field for the events of only 16 bits, which we haven't got any complaints for, has made us believe that there might not be many users of these tools. I'm writing to the list to find out if this is correct...
Are you using log_mf_h (e.g. by setting environment variables 'error_logger_mf_*' in sasl) and rb? If so, why - is it the log rotation or the binary logging (or both) that you are really after? Have you considered alternative tools?
Kind Regards/siri@REDACTED