[erlang-questions] Erlang tracing

José Valim jose.valim@REDACTED
Mon Sep 21 14:33:03 CEST 2015

> That is more of a formatting thing, as io:format does the same thing. I'll
> try to keep it in mind though. Adding {line,No} tuple to the return of
> erlang:fun_info should be simple enough and from there io_lib:format can do
> what it wants. Just hope we don't step on any backwards compatibility toes.

For what is worth, we include the module, function and arity of where the
anonymous function was defined when inspecting them in Elixir:

#Function<20.90072148/0 in :erl_eval.expr/5>

Including the line would be a helpful addition.

*José Valim*
www.plataformatec.com.br
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Director of R&D