[erlang-questions] Erlang Cost Model

Anders Nygren anders.nygren@REDACTED
Wed Sep 16 22:57:52 CEST 2015

I have done a lot of measurements in my life and initially it was "easy",
no caches, virtual memory, or frequency scaling. But even then You did a
measurement of X and got a result. Then You thought a little about it and
realized that You had actually measured Y. So You modified the test and ran
it again and got a new result, that You soon realized was for Z. Repeat
 forever.

I gave up on these activities a few years ago when I found that the
response times decreased with increased load. Because of frequency scaling.