[erlang-questions] driver_alloc high usage

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Tue Oct 13 13:54:15 CEST 2015

Hi.

Customer came with our flussonic eating too much memory.

(flussonic@REDACTED)20> recon_alloc:memory(allocated_types).

[{binary_alloc,36737328},

 {driver_alloc,13561794864},

 {eheap_alloc,101822768},

 {ets_alloc,83661104},

 {fix_alloc,7377200},

 {ll_alloc,82317416},

 {sl_alloc,823600},

 {std_alloc,2396464},

 {temp_alloc,3279800}]

Recon alloc told me that 13 GB is used by driver_alloc.

There is my driver mpegts_udp that reads UDP with mpegts (unfortunately
native inet driver cannot do it, because it consumes too much CPU for each
message, so we glue several packets into one long packet, reducing amount
of packets by 10-20 and load by 2-3 times).   Perhaps my driver can leak.

Is it possible to get any other information about this driver_alloc, how is
this memory used, etc?