[erlang-questions] Erlang and Docker

Kevin Montuori montuori@REDACTED
Sun Nov 22 18:27:47 CET 2015

>>>>> "z" == zxq9  <zxq9@REDACTED> writes:

    z> I'm not saying these things don't work -- they do. But they have
    z> never actually made deployment or maintenance any easier over the
    z> long term -- instead merely move the complexity involved in those
    z> tasks elsewhere for a while.

Bringing up Docker certainly roused up some passions.  I'm not sold on
containers as the solution to the world's ills but I'm also not willing
to eschew their use just because they're not always ideal.  Right tool
for the job and all that.

Anyhow, I apologize for not being specific with the question I asked.

I have a use case where containers are indicated and need a very small
distributed cache.  Mnesia's my first choice but only if I don't have to
figure out the Erlang-in-Docker clustering myself; I was hoping someone
might have insight into (or a recipe for!) making that work.  If not
there are other easily implementable solutions that I'll investigate.

Thanks all ... the discussion has made interesting reading!

k.

--
  Kevin Montuori
  montuori@REDACTED