[erlang-questions] Erlang and Docker

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Sun Nov 22 14:45:42 CET 2015

I have to say that I partially agree with those here pointing out the
use of a target system providing you with many similar benefits to the
use of a docker image. And I'm no docker fan, but the argument that a
release is basically a container is simply false and scrubs away all the
useful purposes of a container, jail, zone, etc.

A release is not a replacement for the cases you need a cgroup, jail or
zone. But if the only reason you think you need such a thing is to start
an Erlang node you may be engaging in overkill that will be technical
debt.

--
  Tristan Sloughter
  t@REDACTED