[erlang-questions] blowfish cbc mode decrypt

Bogdan Andu bog495@REDACTED
Mon Nov 9 10:51:08 CET 2015

I have DataToBeDecrypted

and one-liner in erlang shell:

crypto:block_decrypt(blowfish_cbc, hexstr2bin(Key), IV, Rest).

where DataToBeDecrypted is formatted as follows:

<<IvSpec:8/binary, IV:8/binary, Rest/binary>> = DataToBeDecrypted

I can extract IvSpec = <<"RandomIV">>,

Next 8 octets is IV,

Rest should bet the actual quantity to be decrypted,

and the function call above fails to produce the plain text expected,
only garbage

Unfortunately Key is sensitive and cannot disclose the value.