[erlang-questions] gen_sctp fail with EAGAIN, Is SCTP sockets non-blocking?

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Mon Nov 9 04:23:40 CET 2015

A few years back when we wrote the SCTP protocol binding, we did limited
performance testing and it was a bit slower than of TCP but was comparable.

It's is normal that you may be getting EAGAIN on the low-level sockets as
all sockets are opened in the non-blocking mode.  You may want to increase
the sending/receiving socket buffer size, which may help a bit (see
inet:setopts/2: {sndbuf, Size}, {recbuf, Size}).

Serge