[erlang-questions] Announcing Erlang.org Code of Conduct

e@REDACTED e@REDACTED
Tue Mar 24 15:16:19 CET 2015

On 03/24/2015 10:49 AM, Loïc Hoguin wrote:
> On 03/24/2015 03:35 AM, zxq9 wrote:
>> Its not that top posting or bottom posting or addressing points by
>> interleaved
>> quotation is always best -- it is that of all the forms, top posting
>> is the
>> one most commonly associated with thoughtless, effortless responses
>> that are
>> likely to waste the reader's time.
>
> The funny thing about this is that your client wraps lines at exactly 80
> characters, which makes all the last word of each line wraps on my
> screen and makes it much harder to read, wasting more time than top
> posting ever would.
>
> For example this is how your email looks like here:
>
> In fact, top posting being the default for most mail clients is the
> very thing
> that makes me suspicious of top posts, because it is indeed effortless.
> It is
> likely anything quoted was only an inclusion incidental to thoughtless
> use of

> I think this kind of issue, just like issues with top posting, are just
> an email client limitation and not a problem with the writer.

No. There is a big principal difference
the issue above is a _technical_ issue.
while top-posting is a _mental_ issue.

Could you imagine zxq9 defending his mistake with formatting,
making up philosophical arguments on why his formatting is sacred?