[erlang-questions] Including other peoples code in my code in a future proof way

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Wed Mar 18 19:24:51 CET 2015

On 03/17, Kenneth Lakin wrote:
> IMHO, someone who's *actually* interested in deterministic builds should
> use the immutable info provided by their SCM (revision # for SVN, commit
> hash for git, etc.) rather than something that can be changed at any
> time. I would be surprised if 'rebar3 lock' didn't convert references to
> tags into references to commit hashes.

This is correct. Rebar3 automatically converts tags or branch names to
commit numbers and references, and stores these in the rebar.lock file
automatically. You can only drive a dependency forward on its tag or
branch by invoking `rebar3 upgrade` (for all top-level deps) or `rebar3
upgrade <app>` (for a specific top-level dep).