[erlang-questions] Immutable isn't static Was: Re: Process scope variable

Imants Cekusins imantc@REDACTED
Thu Mar 12 23:43:47 CET 2015

Why some programmers pay much attention to what the others say about
programming, how they write their code, try to convince, change their mind?

Let's say, a program is written by someone. For various reasons, we may
choose to use it or not. But isn't the key criteria: does it work for us?

I use so much software of which I have no slightest idea what the code
looks like. Yet it works!

Why would I try to convince someone how to write their code? I can see this
is a popular sport. Yet I must be missing something. What's the thrill?

Oh yeah, and why are there so many different programming languages? Can
there be just one or two?

;)