[erlang-questions] Yet Another MNESIA net split recover question

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Wed Mar 4 11:21:31 CET 2015

> On 03 Mar 2015, at 21:32, Roberto Ostinelli <roberto@REDACTED> wrote:
>
> I've seen in Ulf's unsplit that the function mnesia_controller:connect_nodes/2 is used to reconnect nodes. However, I cannot find any documentation for this function and I wander if that would be a good option.
>
> Any idea on how to reconnect nodes and have mnesia act "normal" again after a partitioned event without stopping/starting it?

That function was actually added in order to make unsplit work, but as you’ve noted, it’s not part of the documented API.

If it works for unsplit, it ought to work for you, but another option would be to actually use unsplit, distancing yourself one step from the use of an undocumented function. ;-)

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com