[erlang-questions] yecc and compiler warnings

Hugo Mills hugo@REDACTED
Mon Jun 29 19:44:44 CEST 2015

   I asked this earlier today on IRC, but it doesn't seem to have
collected much interest, so I thought I might get a different set of
people's attention here.

   I'm writing a small domain-specific language using leex and yecc
(under R17 at the moment), and I'm getting a bunch of these from the
module produced by yecc:

ebin/linseed_parser.erl:409: Warning: function yeccpars2_3/7 is unused
ebin/linseed_parser.erl:808: Warning: function yeccpars2_87/7 is unused
ebin/linseed_parser.erl:822: Warning: function yeccpars2_89/7 is unused
ebin/linseed_parser.erl:827: Warning: function yeccpars2_90/7 is unused
ebin/linseed_parser.erl:949: Warning: function yeccgoto_line_sequence/7 is unused
src/linseed_parser.yrl:20: Warning: function yeccpars2_89_/1 is unused
src/linseed_parser.yrl:22: Warning: function yeccpars2_90_/1 is unused
src/linseed_parser.yrl:27: Warning: function yeccpars2_87_/1 is unused

   The latter three lines (linseed_parser.yrl:20 and so on) do not
seem to correspond to anything sensible in linseed_parser.yrl: line 20
is empty, line 22 is the first line of a production, and line 27 is
the second line of a different production.

   Are these warnings expected from using yecc, or is there something
wrong with my grammar? If the latter, how do I identify what it is
from the warning messages above?

   Thanks,
   Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills             | Try everything once, except incest and folk-dancing.
hugo@REDACTED carfax.org.uk |