[erlang-questions] Looking for advice on simultaneous data modification

Wed Jun 17 18:03:05 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Daniil Churikov <ddosia@REDACTED> wrote:

> I have one-to-many relationship between 2 tables, and I need to implement
> cascade deletion of dependent records from table_2 when main record from
> table_1 was deleted.

Another option is to have a process periodically/permanently verify the
integrity and remove records which are not referenced. This means you
eventually get consistent even if something goes wrong at some point. Of
course, it open up a can of worms in the sense that you may have new
correctness problems, but the upshot is that you can sometimes also use
this in a more distributed setting.

--
J.