[erlang-questions] upgrade path from R14B02 to OTP 17.5

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Tue Jun 16 23:01:20 CEST 2015

How will you know if the modified system is producing the correct
output? Why not simply run the second system in parallel for a few
nights, comparing its output to the production system once the batch
has completed?

Sorry, yeah - a batch process doesn't really require a router - I was
assuming the wrong type of application there.

As for system wide configuration, IIRC this depends on how you're
running your Windows processes - but each process should have its own
environment settings.

To run separate Erlang distributions concurrently you'd just use
ERL_LIBS to point to your top level directory - each process getting a
different value. Those who are release gurus might shout at me and
have a better approach, but this is certainly one way to run separate
lines of code per Erlang VM.