[erlang-questions] Erlang on a Raspberry Pi for DFW Erlang User Group

Steven Proctor steven.proctor@REDACTED
Tue Jun 16 17:19:16 CEST 2015

Hey all,

I am going to be showing off Erlang (Elixir and LFE as well) running on a
Raspberry Pi at our next DFW Erlang User Group (
http://www.meetup.com/DFW-Erlang-User-Group/events/222986865/).

My question for everyone here is if you have seen or played with any good
projects that make an impressive demo for what the Erlang VM can do on a
Raspberry Pi.

Part of the goal is to show how lightweight processes are on the Erlang VM;
I have heard mention of ~1 Million processes on a Pi, and was hoping to
show something somewhat mind blowing to people who haven't seen it on a Pi,
or just getting into Erlang.

I have some basic ideas of some simple stuff to show off, but I would love
to hear what you have done with Erlang and a Raspberry Pi.

Thanks!
--Proctor