[erlang-questions] HTTP client with sessions support

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Fri Jun 12 18:27:16 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 2:32 PM Mikl Kurkov <mkurkov@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 5:38 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@REDACTED>
> wrote:
>
>> Mikl what is missing in the cookie implementation of hackney? There is a
>> new version coming next week so let's try to fix that... (any ticket is
>> welcome).
>>

> Benoit,
>
> First thing I stumbled upon on second minute of hackney usage is that it
> silently ignored cookies with Expires attribute,
> I fixed this in my fork, but looking into code I understood that it was
> ported from some server codebase,
> so it uses Cookie parser to parse Set-Cookie, and Set-Cookie builder to
> build Cookie. They have slightly different syntax
> and constraints, so it need some refactoring or even full rewrite.
> Also it seems several different representations for cookies are used
> inside lib,
> like {Name, Value}, {Name, [{Name,Value}|Attrs]}, {Name, Value, Attrs}.
> It would be great to have one unified structure for them.
> Ticket added, see on github.
>
> Another issue that bothers me is usage of process dictionary, I always try
> to avoid this.
>
> --
> Mikl

Thanks! It's useful. I will implement changes for the next coming version
aka 2.0.0 .

I am not sure yet what should be the API. It depends if I still want to
support older versions or not.

- benoit