[erlang-questions] HTTP client with sessions support

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Fri Jun 12 14:44:00 CEST 2015

On 06/12/2015 02:19 PM, Mikl Kurkov wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 1:39 AM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED
> <mailto:essen@REDACTED>> wrote:
>
>     Right we do want to have a cookie store later on. I am not sure how
>     this is supposed to look yet though. Suggestions welcome, I believe
>     there is a ticket for it.
>

> I'm afraid it will not be easy to find solution that will fit all user
> cases.
> Someone need few huge client sessions, keeping cookies for many sites in
> ETS or even SQL database.
> It seems httpc optimized for this use case.
> In my case I need many tiny isolated sessions, so it is possible to have
> session store in state.
> That's why I like xhttpc approach - you get some stable API and can use
> different implementations for
> say cookie store that fits your needs.

The way I see it is that Gun needs to keep track of cookies for the
current connection *and* send cookies to the user process if any other
kind of tracking is required. Feeding cookies back into the Gun process
should be a function call or option away.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu