[erlang-questions] gen_server and init

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Thu Jul 30 19:46:28 CEST 2015

On 07/27, Karolis Petrauskas wrote:
>I think this is not the truth anymore, as pids are now reused. You can
>get a message that was meant for previously living process with the
>same PID.

Clarification here: it's only going to be a worry if somehow the process
with the same pid before died and whoever held references to it kept
them active and going (no monitor or links?) long enough for the entire
pid space to wrap around to the point of the old process.

It's much more likely you'll see this problem with registered processes
and untimely handling of monitors; I wouldn't really worry about pids
wrapping.