[erlang-questions] [ANN] Lager 3.0.0 is here

Mark Allen mallen@REDACTED
Sat Jul 25 03:14:14 CEST 2015

Max, you'd have to explicitly create a new sink and then log messages to
it.

For example if you set up a sink named `foo' you could send messages into
the foo sink by using

foo:info("~p", [<<"I said foo">>]).

The `foo' information would get picked up by the parse transformation code
and processed at compile time to direct any output (depending on log level
or traces active) to a gen_event process named foo_lager_event.  Whatever
backends happen to be installed in foo_lager_event would do the actual work
of processing a message to disk, or the console or syslog, or whatever.