[erlang-questions] Exporting a record type

lloyd@REDACTED lloyd@REDACTED
Thu Jul 16 01:02:42 CEST 2015

Hi Jesper,

Well, I finally found time to try out the code you proposed.

It is so cool!

I dawned on me that I could do:

repr_rel(#book { isbn = I } = Book, isbn)           -> {I, Book};
repr_rel(#book { title = T } = Book, title)         -> {T, Book};
repr_rel(#book { author = A } = Book, author)       -> {A, Book};
repr_rel(#book { publisher = P } = Book, publisher) -> {P, Book};
repr_rel(#book { pub_date = P } = Book, pub_date)   -> {P, Book};
repr_rel(#book { genre = G } = Book, genre)         -> {G, Book}.

And thanks for introducing the sofs library. I've often wondered how I might use it.Your code opens the door.

Three quick questions:

1) I'm guessing repr is your abbreviation for replica and rel for relation. Is this correct?

2) I've been trying to figure out a similarly compact way to set values, but can't without explicitly referencing the book record structure. Any suggestions?

3) Pardon my thick skull, but the book/0 declaration in the -opaque and -export_type attributes still puzzles me. Can I use book() in external modules? But without a parameter for a book instance, just exactly how would it be used?

Much much appreciate your help.

Lloyd