[erlang-questions] eJabberd Loadbalancing

Kannan vasdeveloper@REDACTED
Mon Jul 13 20:29:43 CEST 2015

Hi Team,

We are working on a startup idea that uses eJabberd. We are trying to build
the load balancing into the client, using a discovery call just before the
login procedure. There will be a discovery assist node at the backend,
which maps a chat user to a specific IP. This is some thing equivalent to
DNS SRV lookup, but more at the application layer, and database shards are
handled by the application itself. We are of course customizing the
eJabberd to suit our needs.

Application is handling the sharding, but will get the help of Mnesia for
replication.

Do you see any pitfalls in this method of loadbalancing.

Regards,
Theepan