[erlang-questions] Why application:start can not accept any args?

Lihe Wang wanglihe.programmer@REDACTED
Sun Jul 12 15:19:06 CEST 2015

Can any one give the explain about OTP? The application behaviour's call
back "start" need args, but when I want start my code as a real
application, I only can write "applicaion:start(mycode)", and can not pass
any args to mycode. Why otp design like this? When I want start a
application as background service from escript, for example:

main([Arg1, Arg2, Arg3]) ->
    application:start(mycode1), %%with Arg1
    application:start(mycode2),  %%with Arg2
    workcode(Arg3). %%workcode (escript) will run as a daemon, and need
service supplied by mycode1 and mycode2.

What is the right way to write these code?