[erlang-questions] Pipe Operator in Erlang?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Fri Jul 10 04:01:34 CEST 2015

For what it's worth, I implemented |> in my Smalltalk system.
It's astonishing how useful it isn't.
I use o in ML and I use . in Haskell but in Smalltalk it
just. does. not. fit.  In the relevant respects (no built-in
currying, distinction between named and anonymous functions)
Erlang and Smalltalk are so similar that I'd expect |> to be
just as useless in Erlang as I found it in Smalltalk.

(When I say |> was useless, I'm being euphemistic.)