[erlang-questions] [ANN] Syn: a global process registry

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Mon Jul 6 10:58:06 CEST 2015

All,
Today I've open sourced Syn, a global process registry.

Syn is a process registry that has the following features:

   - Global (i.e. a process is uniquely identified with a Key across all
   the nodes of a cluster).
   - Any term can be used as Key.
   - Fast writes.
   - Automatically handles conflict resolution (such as net splits).
   - Configurable callbacks.

It can be found here:
https://github.com/ostinelli/syn

An article discussing various pre-existing global process registries
(erlang native modules, gproc, and cpg) and why I've built Syn can be read
here:
http://www.ostinelli.net/an-evaluation-of-erlang-global-process-registries-meet-syn/

Best,
r.