[erlang-questions] Garbage Collection, BEAM memory and Erlang memory

Anton Lebedevich mabrek@REDACTED
Wed Jan 28 08:16:43 CET 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Roberto Ostinelli <roberto@REDACTED> wrote:
> Unfortunately both with or without the option I am getting the same problem:
> the machine seems stable, but at a certain moment *within 30 seconds* the VM
> memory usage suddenly increases from 11GB to 15GB until it crashes.

One way to catch it is to run a shell script that checks beam memory
usage every second and forces crash dump via kill -USR1 when it passes
some threshold. Then you can analyse obtained dump file for big
processes or allocator usage.

Regards,
Anton Lebedevich.