[erlang-questions] good beginners book/tutorial

Shawn Debnath shawn@REDACTED
Sat Jan 24 19:53:22 CET 2015

Yep, this is a great book indeed, however, if you are a beginner like me,
I found the O’Reilly book to be the best to get your hands dirty with
especially if you are new to functional programming. I would recommend
reading the first 4-5 chapters dubbed “Sequential Programming” from either
book and trying out every example and exercise, just to get the feel for
the language and syntax. After that, you will probably be able to do some
research on a web platform and start building a site right away. The
basics of writing a web application using any existing framework doesn’t
require extensive knowledge of OTP, but that comes right into play as
soon as you try to architect a whole system that can scale with components
with more than just a web server, i.e., a separate app core to handle
common business logic, DAL, workers, etc.