[erlang-questions] Graphical display of messages
Tue Jan 13 15:41:10 CET 2015
I'm wondering if something like this exists:
I'd like to create various graphics to show the relationships between
different processes and/or applications. I could see a couple of
* The more messages go back and forth, the stronger a link is shown.
I think graphviz probably has a way to generate this.
* A "swim-lane" graphic that tracks who sent what when. Useful for
getting an idea of how a system works. Not sure how to generate that
I envision it working like so:
1) Gather a list of pids for an application.
2) Trace those pids send/receive operations, and write those to a file.
3) Process the file and generate the desired graph...
Is there something like that out there already?
This is pretty cool, and similar to what I'm interested in, but not
exactly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHoWfeNuAN8 -
David N. Welton
More information about the erlang-questions