[erlang-questions] Is Erlang ideal for a global exchange?

Vladimir Ralev vladimir.ralev@REDACTED
Tue Jan 6 17:30:22 CET 2015

IMHO, think about what's your worst-case transaction. If are doing
complex transactions (like a bitcoin contract transaction) or other
distributed transactions with rules, then it will be a bit more
difficult to accomodate that in Erlang processes in a scalable way. If
the transactions are isolated from one another and short then it's ok.
Think also what would you want to happen when a machine crashes in the
middle of a transaction in any state, Erlang's way is to retry or
forget, but if you want to continue running no matter what then you
must reach outside Erlang (socket replication, process state
replication, things like this).