[erlang-questions] Erlang package manager

Björn-Egil Dahlberg wallentin.dahlberg@REDACTED
Sat Jan 3 19:10:02 CET 2015

> Why not integrate it as subcommands in 'erl', as we already have a
> distinctive 3-letter CLI slot occupied in $PATH? Seriously.

I don't want to pollute erl more than necessary. It's not pretty as it is
now.
Also, older erl won't understand PM commands.
A separate gear escript will be is just fine, clean and separate. If we
want could introduce something like "erl --gear <command> <options>" which
would do the same thing as the escript but I'm not a big fan of this idea.

// Björn-Egil