[erlang-questions] Dialyzer failing to find simple type error

Philip Müller mail@REDACTED
Thu Jan 1 17:24:40 CET 2015

Hi there,

a few days ago I wanted to demonstrate the dialyzer to a friend who is
unfamiliar with erlang/otp.

Unfortunately, my simplest demo case did not work. I made a github project
for it at [1] which documents the steps taken.

For me, the first case (test.erl) looks like dialyzer is ignoring
-Wunmatched_returns completely. The second case (test2.erl) I don't
understand at all.

Can someone explain what's going on there? Or should I file a bug report?

Best regards
  Philip

[1]: https://github.com/exterm/dialyzer-fail-example