[erlang-questions] public_key & OpenSSL format weirdness

Robert Wilkinson bob@REDACTED
Thu Feb 26 10:35:52 CET 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:46:38PM +0900, zxq9 wrote:
> On 2015年2月26日 木曜日 12:18:48 zxq9 wrote:
> > On 2015年2月26日 木曜日 11:01:22 zxq9 wrote:
> > > So it appears there are 24 extra bytes appended to the OpenSSL generated

> the first 24 bytes if invoked that way:

Hello Craig

Please can you clarify? I think that the 24 bytes are added at the
beginning, yet your use of the word "appended" implies to me that
the bytes are added at the end?

If the bytes are at the beginning, then "prepended" would be more
properly used than "appended".

Thank you for taking the time to go through the subtleties and
nuances of OpenSSL, and PEM, BER, DER, ASN.1 et al. I know it is
tricky!

Bob