[erlang-questions] Supervising a Process that is Dependent on Another Process

nx nx@REDACTED
Wed Feb 25 20:03:44 CET 2015

Is it possible to supervise a process that requires the Pid of another
process in its start_link function?

I'm not clear on how I can get the supervisor to 1) start a process 2)
start another process with the Pid of the first process, then 3)
restart both of these if the first process fails and automatically
pass in the Pid of the restarted first process to the second process.

I may be expecting too much from the supervisor. Any suggestions?

Thanks!