[erlang-questions] Process scope variable

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Wed Feb 18 01:47:24 CET 2015

On 18/02/2015, at 1:06 pm, Imants Cekusins <imantc@REDACTED> wrote:

> Richard, this was a very simplified example.

Yeah.  Brian Marick has some lovely stickers.  He let me have two.
The one on my door says "To be less wrong than yesterday."
The other one says "An example would be handy about now."

Something I often demand in this mailing list is REAL examples.

If someone puts up a 200-line module somewhere, and posts a
message saying "what's a good way to rewrite that?", nobody is
annoyed by high-volume messages, and we can really get our teeth
into the problem and suggest refactorings, possibly even of a kind
that had not occurred to the original poster.

Me, I'm very fond of code generation, so when someone says
"code like this is hard to write by hand", my response is sometimes
"so don't write it by hand then."

> by "static" I meant immutable. yes, "static" can mean various things.
> in this case it is a misnomer.

"Immutable" is not one of the things "static" can mean.