[erlang-questions] Mnesia create tables best practices

Martin Karlsson martink@REDACTED
Tue Feb 10 21:57:34 CET 2015

Hi Jesper,

This is an interesting approach. I've gone the " leads to misery" path :)
I.e when a node starts up if it doesn't have a schema it waits for an
initialisation command from the use and it can either initialise itself as
the first node in the cluster or join another node. I've never been fully
happy with this.

How would your approach work with multiple nodes? I can understand starting
the first node using a pre-initialised schema but then the other node
starts up you want it to be able to join the mnesia cluster in a nice way
and not start and initialise its own schema.

An alternative I've also seen is having an mnesia "install" phase and use
the erlang boot scripts to kick the install process off.

Cheers,
Martin