[erlang-questions] Mnesia create tables best practices

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Sat Feb 7 19:45:12 CET 2015

Dear list,
What best practice do you have when you have a release and want to insure a
node has a properly initialised mnesia scheme?

Do you manually bring up all the nodes, then ping them, then go through a
standard function which creates schemas and tables, then you shut down your
nodes and start your release on the nodes?

Do you instead have a function which check whether mnesia is already
initialised every time you start a release? In which case, how do you
determine which is the "master" node that will perform the table creation?

Just curious. Until now I have done it with an additional nodetool call
that can manually be started with a /myapp/bin/myapp install_db kind of
call, but I would like to see if there is a best practice to have it done
"automagically".

:)

r.