[erlang-questions] gen_server vs. gen_fsm: Timeout type discrepancy?

Kenneth Lakin kennethlakin@REDACTED
Tue Dec 29 07:28:30 CET 2015

I know that I've looked at the relevant documentation like a million
times, but this just hit me:

In the documentation for gen_server:handle_*, the Timeout part of the
Result is typed as

int()>= 0 | infinity

However, in the gen_fsm:StateName documentation, Timeout is typed as

int()>0 | infinity

Given that I kinda expect the main loop of gen_fsm and gen_server to be
*really* similar, I would also expect the type for Timeout to be the
same for gen_fsm and gen_server. Is the documentation incorrect, or is
there a problem with my expectations?

If the documentation is incorrect, which definition of Timeout is correct?

Thanks!