[erlang-questions] Question about reverse list of recursion functions

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Sun Dec 27 22:57:53 CET 2015

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Dmitry Kolesnikov
<dmkolesnikov@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The reverse is acceptable if you are using lists:reverse/1 (this is built-in function written in C).
>
> There is an alternative, you can use lists:foldr function to avoid unnecessary reverse operation:

Which introduces an unnecesary tuple construction and deconstruction
which may or may not be faster...

At the end of the day an algorithm is fast enough or not so - you have to
measure to find out. You should choose the simplest correct algorithm
that is sufficiently fast.

Cheers

/Joe